Area Isolation Solutions
Data Center Hot/Cold Isolation
Data Center Managers: Slash Energy Costs with Better Air-Flow Dynamics
- Increase capacity in your data center with lower, more stable temperatures.
- AirBlock™ data center curtains and partitions save energy on air conditioning by as much as 15% and up to 67% on fans. Protect your mission critical operations.
- Maximize airflow dynamics and increase the effectiveness of your hot aisle/cold aisle isolation.
- Simplex’s complete line of AirBlock data center curtains, modular partitions, ceilings, strip doors and mountings offers solutions for any data center configuration.
- Available materials include FlexSim FR. Only available from Simplex, this domestically-made clear vinyl is the first to pass ASTM smoke and flame tests, and formulated to meet U.S. and European requirements for an environmentally friendly PVC.
- Hardware is designed for easy assembly, modular construction and fire safety so that curtains fall away in the case of a fire, allowing sprinklers full operating range.
- Check with your regional electrical utility about energy-saving rebates that can help offset the cost of your system.
Polysim 509 Non-outgassing, Static Dissipative Polyurethane
Polysim 509 is made from an inherently static-dissipative urethane that provides permanent, non-humidity-dependent ESD protection for sensitive manufacturing conditions such as computer disk drives, microelectronics, optics and aerospace. There is no plasticizer used in Polysim, making the volatile condensable contaminants extremely low. Because Polysim is an alloy using high molecular weight materials, the static dissipation properties are permanent. It does not wear off like many other materials that use only a surface coating. Polysim is also Class 1 fire rated for flame spread and smoke test.
- Thicknesses: .030 and .040 mil.
- Colors: Clear, white and black.
FlexSim™ Fire-Rated Vinyl
FlexSim is the first domestically produced clear flexible curtain vinyl to meet the stringent ASTM E-84 Class 1 rating for flame and smoke generation. This proprietary material is only available either directly from Simplex or from authorized Simplex dealers like Weaver Technologies. FlexSim also meets or exceeds requirements for NFPA-701 and UL Title 19 for compliance with the California Fire Marshall. There are two variations of the vinyl. FlexSim FR is the fire-rated version for standard applications. FlexSim FR AS has built-in anti-static inhibitors for applications in which electro-static discharge is a concern.
- Thickness: .040 mil.
- Color: Clear.